Sun. Jun 13th, 2021


NEW DELHI: After Mehul Choksi‘s alleged girlfriend appeared on news channels and debunked his ‘abduction’ claim, it was the turn of two British Indians who came forward to refute the kidnapping theory extended by the fugitive diamantaire who is wanted in India for the Rs 13,500 crore Punjab National Bank scam.
The two Indian origin British residents told Caribbean news outlet Writeups24 on Wednesday that they had never met or seen Choksi or were connected to his alleged girlfriend Barbara Jarabica.
The news portal quoted Gurjit Bhandal as saying he was a resident of Midlands, the UK, and had come to Antigua with his friend Gurmit Singh on May 23 and sailed the same day to reach Dominica at night. He said his customs clearance certificate was proof of his departure time. He said the they had booked the yacht online before their arrival. The captain of ‘Calliope of Arne’ yacht had two days ago made a similar statement, disputing claims made by Choksi’s lawyers that he was abducted and brought by ‘Calliope of Arne’ to Dominica. Another news outlet claimed Choksi was declared a ‘prohibited person’ by the Dominican ministry of national security.
A letter dated May 25, addressed to Choksi and signed by minister for national security Rayburn Blackmoore, said Choksi was declared a prohibited immigrant. “You are not permitted to enter Dominica and the chief of police has been instructed to take all necessary actions to have you repatriated,” the letter said. Writeups24 had earlier quoted an aide of Choksi, Govin, as saying that he had heard from the diamantaire about the latter’s plan to go to Cuba where he allegedly owned a safe house. Govin, according to the site, claimed that Choksi had citizenship of another Caribbean country

.



Source link

By NEWS TIME

NEWS TIME